Last Updated: February 6, 2017
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
The primary purpose of Pitaya in collecting information is to provide you with a safe, efficient and customized experience. Accordingly, Pitaya may collect Non Identifiable Information of the users for marketing purposes and to send you information regarding this Sites and other sites, as well as about our or third party’s products, programs or services and for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products and services, enhancing our Sites, improving our services, personalizing your experiences, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
Pitaya may collect, including by using third parties’ web analytics services, aggregated Non Identifiable Information about the time, type and manner of use of the Sites. This Information may include, inter alia, information regarding the IP Address and Geo-IP parameters, non-personal usage statistics (e.g. time of usages, number of clicks on each link etc.), crash reports, information regarding your browsing history and web activities and other information regarding the use of the Sites. Pitaya may use such information to understand how its users use the Sites, to analyze retention, to ensure that the Sites are up to date and provide automatic updates, and to improve the Sites and enhance the experience of the users.
In the event that such information is maintained in a manner that identifies your name or contact information, it will be treated as Personally Identifiable Information; otherwise, such information will be treated as Non-Personally Usage Information.
CAN I “OPT-OUT” OF RECEIVING PROMOTIONAL E-MAILS?
From time to time, we may send you e-mails with promotional offers and messages. If you would no longer like to receive e-mails with promotional offers and messages from this Site, you can unsubscribe from these e-mails by following the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each promotional e-mail. Please note that you may still receive transactional or relationship or other non-promotional e-mails (e.g. order confirmations, statements, important information regarding a service you have purchased).
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- Pitaya may collect Personally Identifiable Information about you during your online and offline interactions with Pitaya and the Sites, such as when you:
- Publish or Book an activity/event;
- Provide information regarding event guests;
- Create, change or use an account or user profile;
- Sign up to receive emails, promotions, alerts, announcements or newsletters;
- Apply for jobs via the Sites or email;
- Provide and/or participate in any events, promotions, sweepstakes, surveys, questionnaires, or other activities (collectively, “Activities”);
- Communicate with Pitaya via the Sites email or fax; and
- Interact with Pitaya personnel, whether in person, on the telephone.
- Pitaya automatically receives and records Non Identifiable Information on our server logs from your browser as well as through other analysis of the Sites. If you are logged in to your Pitaya account we also may collect additional Personally Identifiable Information such as content you access, view, click on or search for when on the Sites, the devices from which you access such content and the length of time for which you view same.
- We also may collect information using cookies, web beacons, pixels, gifs, tags, browser web storage, application data caches or similar technologies (collectively, “Collection Technology”) or through third parties using cookies or other Collection Technology. A cookie is a piece of data stored on your computer or device. When you visit the Sites, your web browser may store cookies on your computer or device, or your computer or device may be exposed to other Collection Technology which work independently or in conjunction with cookies. Cookies or other Collection Technology will better enable you to navigate the Sites upon an initial visit or return visit, and will collect certain information about you. You may use the Sites even if you choose to reject or delete the cookies. Cookies also may be used by some of the other site for which a link is placed on the Sites.
- “Demographics and Interest Reporting” to analyze information regarding the interests and demographics of users of the Sites. We use such Non Identifiable Information in the same manner as we use other Non-Identifiable Information as described below.
- “Remarketing with Google Analytics” to place ads on other sites directed to people who have visited the Websites.
- “Google Display Network Impression Reporting” to report how people’s interactions with our ads relate to their visits to the Sites.
- You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads by changing the ad settings at: https://www.google.com/settings/ads?hl=en&sig=ACi0TCh4HAtjShL0Fdg63jzwho_phMSA0-0hzzH5ELDtoQ4xvNARM3etqnH1cOQWE6jmaavbHAbbDNQ0VerqrM5EhrZPUq-63xzTlHosNHcmK0aXN4mlgTrjMz0kkR9jDjb517T55jzNvxLzRysnxsAR_ppR2CwKxxB9HGFk7nx48LTrKMNPSF2b4FHwjiQFue_I4bivF.
- You also can opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics in the future by downloading and installing Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser at:http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- Pitaya also may acquire personally identifiable and Non Identifiable Information from other sources (such as offline records or publicly available information), from third parties such as our business partners, Activities partners and sponsors, vendors, merchants and other third parties; and the owners or operators of sites or applications where our advertisements appear, some of which partner with Pitaya or with an advertisement network used by Pitaya. Non Identifiable Information also may be obtained by these other sources from inferences based upon the sites you visit; third party data; information you share on other sites, social media platforms and applications; or demographics derived from profiles or accounts that you create, to the extent permitted in their privacy policies.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect
- To process and respond to your activity bookings, requests and inquiries and provide services to you;
- To alert you to new developments, promotions, specials, special events, products or services or other Activities and to administer same;
- To send you announcements, promotions, and newsletters, and to personalize same;
- For the purposes for which you provided the information;
- To monitor and analyze information regarding your browsing and viewing preferences and to diagnose problems of the Sites;
- To carry out internal operations and to analyze our users’ demographics and interests;
- To administer and process payments;
- For administration and improvement of the Sites and to enhance the user experience and Pitaya’s services;
- To develop, deliver, and improve our services, content, and advertising;
- To send important notices, such as communications about event bookings and other transactions on the Sites and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- For fraud prevention, internal operations, legal compliance, and other public and security related purposes; and
Pitaya may combine Personally Identifiable Information collected through the Sites with information available from other sources (such as offline records or publicly available information). We will treat the combined information as Personally Identifiable Information.
Pitaya also may use your Non Identifiable Information to present you with targeted content and advertisements (including on third party sites and apps) based on your past visits to the Sites and Non Identifiable Information collected over time by us and third parties. Such targeted content and advertisements may include marketing for the Sites our services, or the sites, products and services of Pitaya’s business and advertising partners.
HOW WE RESPOND TO “DO NOT TRACK”
INFORMATION SHARING WITH THIRD PARTIES
Pitaya may disclose the information it collects to others (i) that are merchants or vendors being engaged for the purpose of effectuating an event you booked or have inquired about; (ii) that are users which booked an event for the purpose of effectuating an event or have inquired about; (iv) in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or any portion of Pitaya’s business or operations; (v) that are its business partners, Activities sponsors or partners for our internal purposes; or (vi) as otherwise authorized by you.
Except as described herein, Pitaya will not sell, rent or otherwise provide any gathered information to any third party. Notwithstanding, Pitaya reserves the right to disclose any gathered information as required by law and when Pitaya believes that such disclosure is necessary to protect its rights, the integrity of the Sites, Pitaya’s systems and technology, and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served in connection with the Services.
The Sites may provide an option to create an account or to sign in using an email address and password that you have already registered with a social media platform, and/or may contain social plugins for other websites, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Google+. Prior to creating an account or signing in using such method and/or clicking on such plugins, we recommend reviewing the privacy polices for each of these websites/social media platforms.
Pitaya takes a careful notice in choosing its business partners and affiliates and aims to associate only with reliable partners which are committed to users’ privacy and to provide them only with the information required in order to provide you with its services. However, Pitaya is not and shall not be responsible for any acts or omissions by such third party with respect to your information and shall not be liable for any damage or loss that may occur by you for any such third party’s acts or omissions.
PROTECTION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Pitaya is committed to protect the security of its users’ information and takes commercially reasonable measures to assure information security. However, no method of internet transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure and Pitaya cannot guarantee its absolute security. By using the Sites, you expressly agree that Pitaya will not be liable for any third party action, misuse, abuse or infringement of data and information security.
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
You are responsible for keeping your information current and up-to-date. You may update your information by modifying your account user profile and/or contacting us by phone. We will use reasonable efforts to process any change you make; provided, however, that requests to delete information are subject to all applicable legal obligations. Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort and provided same is allowed under applicable law. Subject to applicable law, you also have the right to ask us to delete your Personally Identifiable Information, by sending an email to email@example.com, please be advised that such deletion may result in failure to provide you with access, use and services on or through the Sites.
At any time, you have the ability to opt out of receiving marketing communications from Pitaya, but you may not opt out of administrative emails. You can opt out by using the link provided at the bottom of each email message.
If you have any concerns or questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org